Other Practice Areas
Vancouver Criminal Lawyer Tom Doust defends clients charged with any criminal offence. In addition to drug/marijuana offences, violent crimes (i.e. domestic, assault, murder, etc), and traffic violations/speeding tickets, Mr. Doust has the expertise and regularly practices in all the following areas:
- Fraud / Identity Theft (Including Securities Act Offences): Mr. Doust has handled many fraud cases, ranging from credit card fraud in the millions to bad cheques.
- Corporate / White Collar Crimes: Mr. Doust is experienced with the nuances of defending Corporations and has defended a number of them.
- Customs / Border Issues: Available 24 hrs/day for any charges/detentions.
- Drunk Driving: As a law student Mr. Doust defended his first impaired driving case in 1994 and has handled a great number of these since. He has worked with alcohol absorption experts and has incorporated well-developed methods and tactics for handling them.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Mr. Doust has significant trial experience in these matters. These include the most serious driving offences in which death has occurred. He has access to recognized, professional accident Reconstruction Engineers/Accident Analysts and other experts who aide him in aggressively defending you.
- Bail Matters: Mr. Doust is an experienced bail court counsel. He has successfully obtained bail for all but a few of his client’s over the years. He has successfully obtained bail for numerous clients in Supreme Court when they were unjustly detained in lower court. Mr. Doust is available 24 hrs/day by phone and can often appear on short notice for bail hearings the next day, even when out of town.
- Administrative and Regulatory Offences (including Securities Law)
- Weapon Offences
- Hunting and Fishing Violations
- Property Crimes
- Kidnapping / Unlawful Confinement
- Uttering Threats
- Criminal Harassment
- Home Invasion
- Return of Seized Money / Property
- Administrative Driving Prohibitions
See some examples of Tom Doust’s recent cases.
No matter what charges you are facing, Mr. Doust will determine the best avenue of defence for your case. For a free initial consultation, call or e-mail Mr. Doust.